Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snow, finally!!

 Finally we have some snow here at One Old Goat farm!  Needless-to-say, some members of the family were a little more thrilled than others. 

The weather doesn't seem to bother the bravest of the chickens.  Not one bit!

And this rooster runs through the snow as if it were summer!


But some of the chickens are, well, chicken!  They would rather hang in the house and just gaze out at the wintry beauty.  I'm not sure what they do in their cozy little chicken houses.  I do know that laying eggs is not one of the activities.  Last winter the girls surprised me by producing nearly as many eggs during the winter as they did in the spring.  This year, they took a week sabbatical but happily, are laying once again.


 
 The chihuahuas had a blast in the snow.  For about 5 minutes until they were cold and ready to run back into the warm house and look for a warm blanket to curl up in.

The rest of the dogs were left inside to sit and wistfully look out on the snowy fun.
 

A motley crew.

  It is so true. When you have a dog, there is always someone happy to see you.  My cats are happy to see me as well - especially if I'm...