Saturday, September 15, 2018

It's been a long time.

 Doesn't this picture on the right look like a painting? It is photo I took on my camera - this is a footbridge in a little park in Spartensburg. Mom and I walked on it after our dinner that night.  Below is one of the Halloween wallhangings I made recently.

Now that I've made up my mind to enjoy my empty nest, I'm getting a lot of things done.  I am making one of the bedrooms in the house into a sewing room.  I refused to move my sewing machine into it until the room is cleaned and painted.  Hopefully my cleaning frenzy will keep going until I get the rest of the house done.  I'm just so easily distracted when I try to clean that I never really get anything done.  I've started setting a time for 15 minutes and working in the room for 15 minutes each night.  That seems to work for me - so I'm very happy about that.

But distractions are what I need right now. I'm so bone-tired of all the hate - mostly politic-based. I'm tired of one side generalizing the other. I'm tired of it all - I can only hope that everyone comes out and votes. We need change, we need someone we can look up to as our president. I realize that no president is going to perfect for all people but hopefully we can do a little better for the next 4 years. 


No comments:

Busy summer

So much for keeping up with this blog! Seems like there is always something to do and for that, I am very grateful! We finally have rain - i...