Thursday, November 28, 2019

Being thankful.

This is Pappy Decker. He is extremely sweet and has long hair growing out of his ears. He purrs almost constantly and is always the first kitty I see when I wake up. He is so sweet but when I let him, sometimes he bites me. Gently. I'm thankful for him because although he always seems to love me, there's a little bit of bite. Of viciousness. It makes me not feel so bad that the same trait is inherent in humans. I would love to believe that humans (including myself) are kind but the truth is, no matter how hard we try there is always a little bit of viciousness.

How does that relate to Thanksgiving? I'm not really sure. I'm thankful for my family, including the canine  and feline members. I'm thankful that after this week Of anxiety, it has been confirmed that my health is good.

So many things to be thankful for. So very many things. It is wonderful to be able to share this day with people I love.

1 comment:

Snowbrush said...

We're up to five cats now, our only girl looking much like your tuxedo kitty.

A motley crew.

  It is so true. When you have a dog, there is always someone happy to see you.  My cats are happy to see me as well - especially if I'm...