Tuesday, August 18, 2020

So many changes

My mom died. Those three words seem so surreal. She was here on a Saturday-I talked to her, had a heart attack Saturday night, I talked to her Sunday morning, and by 1:00 Monday afternoon, she had flown off to be with my dad.

I don't know how to process this information. I started this post nearly a month ago.  Couldn't finish it.  I was lucky because I had a good mom.  So many others didn't.  I still can't believe she's not on this earth. I go to call her and tell her about a show I found that was filmed in her hometown and I realize that I can't.  There are so many things I wish I had told her or asked her.  

She was a good mom. She put up with me and my crazy ideas. She tolerated (and often supported me in the aftermath) of many stupid decisions. 

She was a good mom. If you still have your mom, give her a hug, give her a call, spend time with her.  It sounds trite but it is true.  No amount of sewing, no comfort food, no wine, or beer or liquor will ever fill the void.  

And if I happen to be your mom, know that I love you.

No comments:

A motley crew.

  It is so true. When you have a dog, there is always someone happy to see you.  My cats are happy to see me as well - especially if I'm...