Monday, April 4, 2022

April fools.

 The weather in State College is playing an April Fools joke. I took a walk at lunch - 5 hours of sitting in a basement office with no window - I needed a break!  So I took a walk 

to Starbucks which in the library in the next building over. I did take the scenic route and I experienced 3 seasons. When I stepped out of the building, I encountered winter with a light wind and pretty little flurries. Those flurries quickly changed into what I can only describe as Oobleck (remember Dr. Seuss' book?). After the oobleck which morphed into Styrofoam chunks, I entered into spring which ended shortly before walking back into Sparks by turning back into winter. Pennsylvania. Even the temperature changed! Unbelievable after yesterday's high of near 65! 

Which reminds me that I need to finish up my 'temperature quilt from 2021'. It is a daily textile record of precipitation and temperatures for one year.

No comments:

Busy summer

So much for keeping up with this blog! Seems like there is always something to do and for that, I am very grateful! We finally have rain - i...