Monday, July 8, 2024

Celebrating the 4th, 5th, and 6th.

And what great days they were!  We all celebrated in our own ways! One day, my daughter, her fiancé and their pup came over and we just hung out on the deck and sweated. It was just great being together - laughing and playing with the pup.  I then went to visit my oldest daughter and her family and we set off sparklers and then watched the fireworks. Another hot day but a really, really good day! 

I'm always a little heartsick when the house is just back to me and my pups (who are huge fans of the hot weather). I can remember years and years ago just wishing for a few minutes of peace and quiet but now, I wish I could get some of those days back! I get to enjoy some semblance of those 'good ol' days' when my grandkids are down or when I'm hanging out with my grandbaby but there is nothing like the constant rush and chatter of a house full of people! 

But in all fairness, I guess my dogs and my husband can create quite a bit of noise and confusion but it's just not the same. I really do love this season of my life though where there is a balance of crazy and calm.






1 comment:

Granny Sue said...

Sounds perfect! I too miss the comings and goings, especially the years when my grandchildren were young. Now it is a rare occurrence to have a houseful.

The fair.

  Two of my most recent quilts. The farm and tractor quilt is for my grandson's first birthday. I didn't have it finished to enter i...