Wednesday, November 11, 2020

I am thankful for

On this rainy day, I am sew thankful for:




  1. My grandma Pelz for teaching me to sew
  2. My sewing room/office/bedroom which although small, is very cozy and my cats love it as much as I do!
  3. Completing a nearly entirely paper-pieced quilt top
  4. Groups and individuals who, at the drop of a hat, will make quilts and donate them anywhere they are needed
  5. Bonnie Hunter. She is a designer/quilter that inspires me not only with her talents but with her outlook on life
  6. The quilts I've made that have been loved
  7. Being asked to make a special quilt. Even if I am unable to do it, it feels good to have been asked
  8. Verna's quiltshop. I am so thankful for this quiltshop and its owner. I can always find exactly what I need - whether it is fabric or advice
  9. a card that my oldest daughter made me recently. Such beautiful sixties flowers and a wonderful Robert Frost verse inside
  10. Seam rippers. They are the greatest invention ever!
  11. I can't live without my seam ripper.
  12. All of the people who spend 6 weeks piecing the same mystery quilt from across the country.
  13. I always love the Ohio Star
  14. Quilting has taught me that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 
These are in response to #IMSEWTHANKFUL from American Patchwork & Quilting

1 comment:

Granny Sue said...

What beautiful work. I am thankful for the opportunity to see them.

Busy summer

So much for keeping up with this blog! Seems like there is always something to do and for that, I am very grateful! We finally have rain - i...