Monday, May 3, 2021

Home.


 I got the word last week that I will be heading back to work very soon.  In the real world, with real people, with real human interaction that doesn't take place through a computer screen.  While I will miss hanging out with my pets, I must say that the thought of returning to the worksite is very appealing. I will be able to work from home a little while longer and then will be able to work from home a day or 2 a week into the future.  

When I first began working at home, I thought it would be awesome to be able to sit out on my deck with a fire and work in peace.  Peace didn't really happen because around here in the mornings, there are ducks, chickens, and roosters that make a heck of a lot of noise.  I love listening to the cacophony of roosters but when I need to concentrate, it's a little much.  

What I will miss though, is the slowness of my mornings. I have a routine in that I get up and sit in the recliner with my little dog for about an hour. I then take care of feeding the cats, making my bed, and getting dressed.  I then take the dogs out and feed the pony and chickens and just walk around a little bit.  Then it's time to come in and leisurely eat my breakfast while reading my book and sipping on coffee.  By the time I'm done and the dishes are washed, it is 7:28 - 2 minutes to start my computer and get to work.




1 comment:

Granny Sue said...

That's good news to hear that you will be back in the real work world soon. We actually went out to a restaurant for lunch with a friend over the weekend. Oh, the novelty. Joking aside, it is so good to be face to face with friends and family again. I don't mind our quiet days here, but getting out and seeing people is good for mind and soul.

Busy summer

So much for keeping up with this blog! Seems like there is always something to do and for that, I am very grateful! We finally have rain - i...