Monday, April 8, 2024

A motley crew.

 

It is so true. When you have a dog, there is always someone happy to see you.  My cats are happy to see me as well - especially if I'm putting something in their not-empty food bowl. 

Especially in my retirement years, it is so nice to have my pups to cuddle. Sometimes, when I'm missing my mom and dad, it's just nice to be surrounded by my pets. My dogs are noisy, my cats are not and when you have spent that last many years with a full house and then all of a sudden it is empty, that noise is appreciated. Maybe not in the middle of the night though...... 

I had forgotten how lively - and how much energy - a puppy can be! My old chihuahua is not impressed although I do think he likes the company. My teenaged chihuahua is in her glory and has absolutely no qualms in putting her foot (paw) down when the pup has carried things a little too far.

I've also forgotten how quickly a puppy can re-energize. He usually naps all morning and then is raring to go in the afternoon. Things really become crazy at night after I've tried to go to sleep. For 2 hours, things are wild and crazy. Zoomies for 2 hours straight with a few moments of what I call freeze frames interspersed with the bouts of frenzy. Finally when the lights are all off, things calm down until I get up in the middle of the night. Sometimes they sleep straight through, other times they take it as a sign to wind up again. 

I know that the puppy stage won't last forever so I'm trying to enjoy it while I can.

1 comment:

Granny Sue said...

Aw, love all those critters! Our young dog can be exhausting and really is a bit much for us at our age, but we love the wild and crazy boy.

A motley crew.

  It is so true. When you have a dog, there is always someone happy to see you.  My cats are happy to see me as well - especially if I'm...