Saturday, June 15, 2024

Dang pig




A long time ago I wrote about a bunny and chicken engagement at our church. But recently there has been a new twist: a pig. On a recent morning, someone noticed that the stone that holds down the manhole cover as well as the cones we have to mark it, in the church parking lot had been moved. Our pastor looked at the surveillance camera footage from overnight and was very surprised to see a quite large pig strolling through the parking lot, pausing to nose around the cover to our septic. Fortunately s/he wasn't able to move the rock (and I'm sure the cover would have been much too heavy to move) but s/he did spend some time trying very hard to do so. Frustrated, s/he knocked over both cones and sauntered away. 

What is funny about this is that none of the neighbors have pigs. The closest farm with pigs is about 2 miles up the road. This was not a young pig. 

Which makes me question. . . do we have feral pigs? Is there a gang of wild pigs roaming through the valley? We have foxes and coyotes and bears and I'm wondering how long a lone pig would survive. I was tempted to go stake out the parking last night but I value sleep more than satisfying my curiosity. 

So for now, the origins of this particular pig shall remain a mystery! 

No comments:

The fair.

  Two of my most recent quilts. The farm and tractor quilt is for my grandson's first birthday. I didn't have it finished to enter i...