Saturday, June 15, 2024

My favorite things.

 Some of them anyway.

I did remember that yesterday was flag day but it wasn't until last evening that I remembered that I had this table runner that I made a year or so ago.  Oh well, better late than never I suppose.  And it will be there for Independence Day.  I need to pull out my other decorations for the 4th of July. It might be a good idea to do it now while I'm thinking of it. Except that I am at work.  



The 2 pictures at the bottom of the page are from a quilt show that our guild had on Memorial Day. 95 quilts draped over the pews of a historic church! It was simply gorgeous! The church wasn't really local - about 17 miles away but I loved the message. Everywhere, it had signs 'All are Welcome' and I truly believe it. The people of the church had hung pride flags which I love to see and which is something that I would never see at the churches for which I play the piano. I love the churches that I visit each Sunday but I don't understand the fear and the hate. 




No comments:

The fair.

  Two of my most recent quilts. The farm and tractor quilt is for my grandson's first birthday. I didn't have it finished to enter i...