Friday, March 16, 2012

Back again.

It has been a while since I felt like writing. That is how depression affects some people - we pull back into ourselves away from everyone and everything. Socializing becomes exhausting. Trying to form words whether written or spoken can take more energy than running a marathon.  An introvert anyways, depression makes me want to fold up until I can't be seen.  This early spring has helped immensely.  There is nothing like a climb up a mountain with a really great kid and an energetic dog.    It seems that for a while anyway, the depression monster may be kept at bay.  Over the past few weeks, I felt its choking hold ebb slowly away.

I'm doing what I need to do. My daughter and I have been volunteering at a local animal rescue, I continue to run, and I make myself go out and be around other people.  It has helped.

So hopefully the words will come again.  Just like the sun and the happiness have returned.

No comments:

A motley crew.

  It is so true. When you have a dog, there is always someone happy to see you.  My cats are happy to see me as well - especially if I'm...