Monday, March 19, 2012

Favorites.

My son and daughter made this the best day!
 Two of my favorite people, one of my favorite dogs, all in my most favorite place of all.  Life doesn't get much better than this!

Sebastian reluctantly climbing out of the creek after his umpteenth dip of the hike,
I don't often get my oldest son to go on hikes with me - today was a special treat!

The forest calms my soul.

Beauty everywhere I look.

And yet humans always have something to add.

I don't ever want to leave -

4 comments:

Linda said...

Looks like a place to spend a lot of time....I know what you mean...we go for walks on our trails and around the lake behind our property....its a place to escape it is so peaceful!

Snowbrush said...

Shorts and short sleeves--goodness!

Snowbrush said...

Thought this looked familiar. Yes, the forest calms my soul too, but potted plants do also, and I don't much enjoy the forest when it's cold, muddy, and drizzly, and this means that my potted plants mean all the more. Do you have any?

OneOldGoat said...

Snowbrush - yes and we are STILL wearing shorts and short sleeves (just wondering when winter is going to drop in!!) I used to have lots of houseplants until I had twin babies and didn't have time to care for them. But you got me thinking that maybe I'll start some spider plants and such.

A motley crew.

  It is so true. When you have a dog, there is always someone happy to see you.  My cats are happy to see me as well - especially if I'm...