Monday, March 23, 2020

An introvert's dream.



 Week 2 of working from home. I don't mind this one bit. It is great to live in the country because I can go outside, walk in the woods, sit on the deck and never have to worry about running into anyone. If I get tired working at my computer, I can get up and let the dogs out or simply sit and look out my windows.  I never get tired of the view.  As my lovely assistants frame the differing views today: Mrs. Bobbins watching robins bathe themselves in the puddle across the road, Thimba watching as it begins to snow - disgusted, she jumped onto the bed to nap until a sunnier day; and finally, Mrs. Bobbins once again checking out the bigger, fluffier snowflakes.  There is never a dull moment. 

Not seen is Pappy Decker who has found himself a comfy spot on a quilt rack.  Not much happens outside my windows that I or the cats do not notice. Fortunately, nothing much ever happens aside from robins bathing, roosters roaming, or cats looking through the field for food. 

I am enjoying this while recognizing that many of people are not enjoying this at all.  I'm thankful for what I have and although I am quite content where I am, I will be happy when the world can come alive again.



1 comment:

Shirley said...

Good Morning, I am trying to catch up with friends this morning for a change of scenery to see what you all have been doing. You have a better view than I do looking outside my apartment window. I would love to be in the country, but my kids would veto that in a heart beat. I have the tv on for noise because I do not like quiet, but I am tired of being told how to live my life. I am smart enough to know what you have to do to stay safe and healthy. Have a great day. Hugs and prayers from your Missouri Friend Shirley

A motley crew.

  It is so true. When you have a dog, there is always someone happy to see you.  My cats are happy to see me as well - especially if I'm...