Monday, April 4, 2022

Mondays in April.

 

In my retirement, I plan to join a few clubs. I spotted this jacket on campus last fall and thought it was appropriate for me and for many of my co-workers. I will not be joining the Anti-social Social Club. Lol. 

In my retirement, I want to not be such a recluse. I think being an introvert is fine as long as I can do it with a group. Or something like that. I like activities that put me near people but don't necessarily require me to interact. Heaven knows I have the social skills of a rock. Hahaha.

There are so many things to do, so many ways to help, that don't cost money and instead, use other resources. I can sew, I can walk a dog, I can drive people places. 

I'm so happy to be retiring but am a little afraid of becoming lost. My kids are grown and have all moved away. I have my dogs and cats. I think I've found a purpose. I just don't want to disappear.


Ugh. I wish I could learn to turn off the predictive text. It is making me sound dumber than I am!

1 comment:

Granny Sue said...

I understand your concern. It's so easy to hole up when there's no reason to go out. So we have to find reasons sometimes, although honestly I feel like we have to go out too much. But you are on the right track, thinking of things you can get involved with. There's a local quilting group here, and then of course the gym where people meet up. Neither is my thing, but our booths keep us really busy both at home and when we go out. What I need to do is make time to visit friends. I am terrible about that, always being so work focused.

Busy summer

So much for keeping up with this blog! Seems like there is always something to do and for that, I am very grateful! We finally have rain - i...