Saturday, April 9, 2022

Saturday.

I must say that I'm a little disappointed in today's weather. It was supposed to be rainy/snowy, cold, and dreary. I did feel a few drops of rain this morning and then later, driving home from the store, saw some sleet pellets.  And then boom! The sun came it. The wind is still howling a bit - howling partly because it is indeed windy and partly because I have the windows cracked a bit in my sewing room because I love the sound of howling wind. 

Last night, we celebrated a birthday with lasagna and chocolate cake. I took a half day of vacation to come home and cook but it was lovely outside and I didn't feel like spending much time inside (especially since gray, grumpy weather was in the forecast). So I made the lasagna and bought the cake! One of my daughters came over early and we took the dogs down to see the creek. Over the past 2 years, this little run has flooded so many times that it is hard to see the original banks. We have some little waterfalls and it is just beautiful! 

Anyhow, I am disappointed that today was not a day to curl up on the sofa with my pups to snooze, read, watch movies, and basically, just waste away the day! But honest, the was pretty much exactly what I did but I felt guilty.

The weather forecast for tomorrow is chilly, rainy, and gross. A perfect day for napping and reading and watching movies.  We'll see.




 

1 comment:

Granny Sue said...

We must have gotten your weather yesterday. It was the perfect day to be inside--snow, rain, sleet, hail, wind, you name it, it happened. Even a burst of sun for a few minutes.

Still trying to get into our gardens but they are so wet it will be at least another day. And more rain in the forecast. Sheesh.

A motley crew.

  It is so true. When you have a dog, there is always someone happy to see you.  My cats are happy to see me as well - especially if I'm...