Monday, May 2, 2022

It's May!

So much for writing every day! How am I going to remember who I was when I can't remember anymore? Oh well!  

They finally bloomed!

I'm loving the weather and everything coming to life! I've been waiting for weeks for my daffodils to bloom and they did! My lilac tree is getting prepared, my mock orange has little buds, and my lilies are at least 8 inches tall!

I've gotten a lot accomplished since the last time I wrote. I have a quilt almost completely quilted, I've finished the month of May (2021) for my temperature quilt, and am almost halfway done sewing the binding on a quilt from last fall.  I have 3 blocks nearly completed for my daughter's wedding quilt. There is a lot of hand-applique so that's nice to do while sitting on my deck in the evening waiting for Booboo the bear to show up! There is a bear roaming around the area.  Last spring, he knocked down my bird feeders, bending a cast iron shepherd's hook almost in half! Last week he was spotted down the road so I won't be surprised seeing him making his way along the creek.

Ugh. A doctor's appointment this afternoon which sends my blood pressure sky-rocketing! I'm switching providers to someone more local and today is just a get-to-know-you appointment since last year I had a zillion appointments and was examined stem-to-stern!  Also changed my eye doctor out of necessity - the one I'd had for ages closed shop and moved out west and is now working on a reservation. But it is nice to have everything close by so that I don't have to drive into the 'big city'!

Kind of a gray day but I think I'll go for a lunch while I still have a bit of lunch time left - I'll see if I can't relax a bit! 


1 comment:

Granny Sue said...

You sure have been busy. I so admire quilters, but don't have the iniatitive or talent for it. Good luck at the doc's. My appt last week was the best in a long time.

Busy summer

So much for keeping up with this blog! Seems like there is always something to do and for that, I am very grateful! We finally have rain - i...