Friday, July 8, 2022

Eek! It's July!

The lamp post I, with the help of Jordan, put near my deck

Much of the family


Independence Day celebration

 Sliding on in to summer - a season I tolerate only because it puts me closer to fall! In lieu of the annual badmitten tournament, we did a few things a bit different this year! It has been many, many years since I've attended fireworks on campus. The word on the street was that this year's fireworks weren't going to be as spectacular as in pre-Covid years. WRONG! They were simply wonderful! I couldn't have enjoyed them more! But then again I was with my granddaughter, my daughter and her soon-to-be husband, and my daughter and her girlfriend. Having many of the people who I love did wonders for my heart!

It's been a rough few weeks. My cousin's granddaughter passed on after a horrible accident and my brother had a seizure after so many years seizure free.  He was hospitalized for a while and for sure, I was worried but he bounced back and is doing alright. This all reminds me that we can't take any of us for granted. These have been sad times for sure. But, as my mother always said, you just have to be grateful for those who remain! I'm not afraid of death (of my own death), not at all! Still, I want to have many, many more years to enjoy all who I love and who love me! 

Retirement - coming up quick! Or is it? We've had a bumper crop of new students and have lost a few advisers. I've offered to stick around for a few months until they've had a chance to hire new advisers. I've offered to do advising until the end of December. I always did enjoy the fall semester with all the football festivities and the Christmas parties so this isn't a hardship for me.  Not sure that this is possible, but I may just be working through the end of December instead of September. 

And then, since this blog is something that I'll keep and reflect on periodically, there is Independence Day which I celebrate to the fullest extent. Unfortunately though, I hope that by the time I die, we (women) are not thrown back into the 20's. 


1 comment:

Granny Sue said...

Amen on that last statement. I hope your retirement won't have to be postponed, but if you love what you do, then it probably isn't a hardship. I loved my job for years, but not so much the last 3 and couldn't wait to leave. Never looked back.

Looking forward to keeping up with your next moves.

Busy summer

So much for keeping up with this blog! Seems like there is always something to do and for that, I am very grateful! We finally have rain - i...