Monday, July 11, 2022

Hot.


So much to do and too hot to do it! But I have to - my daughter's wedding is in a little over a month and I have dresses to adjust, a quilt to finish, and I really, really, need to find a dress for myself. The bridal shower is this upcoming weekend and I need to make a veggie platter for that. Pretty simple, right? I just cannot say how anxious I'm feeling about putting together a veggie tray. I feel almost as anxious about the veggie tray as I do finding a dress! I don't like lace or ruffles, I don't want anything long, I don't mind glitter. I don't want sleeveless, don't want long sleeves, I do not want an old lady dress. I just want something simple but classy (well, as classy as anything I could pull off). I want something that will disguise all the post-menopausal pounds. I want the impossible but I guess, most of all, I don't want to embarrass my daughter. 

My gardens are doing well. I quickly planted some tomato plants in a former garden area by my deck and everything is doing so well there! My tomatoes down in my main garden are doing alright - not as well as the plants up near the house but I should be well-stocked with tomatoes this year.

My sunflowers are growing, I have a beautiful hollyhock and have started a couple of roses from some clippings. I love this time of year when I can just about watch my plants grow! It kind of makes up for all of the hot, sticky weather.


 

No comments:

Busy summer

So much for keeping up with this blog! Seems like there is always something to do and for that, I am very grateful! We finally have rain - i...