Friday, January 13, 2023

Retired and busy.

Halloween table runner

Miniature Log Cabin

Goodnight Irene

Buffalo Bills

Allietare by B.Hunter
I have officially retired and am ending my second week as a retiree.  I was worried that I would be bored and would nap my days away. Ha. Granted, I've managed to fit a nap or two in over the course of the past weeks but I've been doing things that I haven't had a chance to do previously.  

Among others, I've completed these quilts/wallhangings/tablerunner.  Some of them have been in progress for many years. For instance, Allietare is a Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt from 2017 and I just put the last hand-quilting stitch in a mere 30 minutes ago. Now to bind and label it.  The little red and white miniature log cabin is a wallhanging that i started 2 years ago.  Although the photo is of the incomplete project, it has been quilted and bound. It's overall size is 14" x 14".  The Buffalo Bills quilt only took about a week. It was for my secret Santa at work. She is a huge Bills fan and I was happy to make this for her.

The Halloween table runner is something I made for my daughter. I love Halloween and really enjoyed making this for her. The Goodnight Irene quilt is a totally scrappy quilt that I made for myself.  

There are other quilts that I've finished recently and will post them soon.  This includes an enormous Christmas quilt that I started back in 2015 or 2016 and is now bound and labeled. 

In the past 3 weeks, we've had temperatures with windchills below 0, we've had temperatures above 60, we've had rain, we've had snow, and yesterday, we had a thunderstorm! 

 

1 comment:

Granny Sue said...

Well hello there! I have missed your posts. The quilts are beautiful. You are finding, as most of us have, that retirement is a very busy and productive time. So glad you are finding it so.

A motley crew.

  It is so true. When you have a dog, there is always someone happy to see you.  My cats are happy to see me as well - especially if I'm...