Thursday, June 1, 2023

Nine fingers.

 A few weeks ago, I smashed the pinky finger on my right hand while moving a ball of cement. My last thought before the smashing was that I really should ask my husband for help. I smashed my finger to smithereens - splitting it open and breaking the top of my finger. I refused to look at it because I knew it was bad. I simply walked in and showed it to my husband who then jumped up and grabbed a washcloth to wrap around my hand. I knew I should probably go to urgent care but I also knew that there really wasn't anything to be done for it. So instead, I waited for my daughter-in-law (who is used to providing medical care for her horses and dogs) to come home from work so I could go over and have her bandage me up. I'm happy to say that it is healing nicely.

I've been playing the piano with only nine fingers that past few Sundays which has gone surprisingly well. I was surprised how I could play without that little pinky finger. However when I was practicing today, I decided to see how it felt to use all of fingers. It did not feel good. It hurt like heck so I'm back to playing a little short fingered.

On a more positive note, I have ordered just about everything needed for the baby shower. I'm sure I will remember something when we get a little closer. I'm really looking forward to the baby shower and to the birth of our new grandson in August! 

Still no rain but hopefully on Saturday. My tomato plants are looking very sad but they most often look this way at this point in June. My brussel sprouts look pretty health still as do my zucchini. My spinach would be doing great if the cat hadn't gone in and dug up the seeds.


2 comments:

Granny Sue said...

Oh, that sounds so painful! I am glad yo hear that your poor pinkie is healing well. My broken toe is not doing as well. I hate to say it, but maybe the doc needs a look at it.

Snowbrush said...

I smashed my right thumb in a door, and when I didn't go the doctor, it got infected, and I nearly lost it, ending up in emergency surgery. That was six years ago. The thumb is swollen and the hideous looking nail has since fallen out a few times.

A motley crew.

  It is so true. When you have a dog, there is always someone happy to see you.  My cats are happy to see me as well - especially if I'm...