Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Goodbye summer

















Even the happy sunflowers hang their heads low as summer slips into fall.




Goodbye to the heat of the morning as I step out to say good morning to my farm friends. Goodbye to swimming in the cold water of the creek.
Goodbye to Hermit Island and to the gulls that laugh at us,






the crabs that run from us, and the deer who sleep in the brush next to our tent.
Goodbye to sitting on the deck with my mom and dad, enjoying a cold beer and good conversation. Goodbye to lunchtime walks with my favorite friends.
Goodbye summer--we've had enough and we're ready for the vibrant, crisp colors of another friend, Autumn.








No comments:

A motley crew.

  It is so true. When you have a dog, there is always someone happy to see you.  My cats are happy to see me as well - especially if I'm...