Thursday, August 19, 2010

Gone in an instant!


I wish I were here again.

I thought I was ready for work, I really did. I love what I do but I think as I am approaching the status of being an old fart, my expectations have shifted a bit.

Like everyone else in the world, I've encountered a challenge or two along the way. I like to think it has made me a better person: more empathetic, kinder, more tolerant. But I've found that I've become a little irritated with how so many of the people with whom I work assume no responsibility for themselves. At least in the area in which I know them.

I've actually had counseling in the area of assuming too much responsibility which is just as bad. And I'm sure that I've po'd many people as a result. But holy crap!!! if you want something done, do it! If something isn't being done that you feel should be done, check on it. Ask questions. But don't wait for something to happen and then bitch and moan because someone else hasn't acted on it.
I deal with depression constantly. Many people do. I try to recognize when I'm sinking again into that black hole and do something about it before it affects everyone around me. But I'm lucky because I understand how it works and what I need to do. I need to realize that not everyone has had that experience.
So in reading back what I have written, maybe I need to chill out. And just suck it up and deal with it.

No comments:

Busy summer

So much for keeping up with this blog! Seems like there is always something to do and for that, I am very grateful! We finally have rain - i...