Friday, June 10, 2011

Is we redneck? Or is we hick?

Yes, that is a skidloader holding up our deck.  And yes, that is a sofa setting on the deck.  And yes, that is a hot tub (someone's project from last summer)partially hidden behind the deck.
Sometimes I really dread the phonecalls I receive at work.  This time last year, the call was that our boxer, Casper, had nearly burned down the kitchen.  This year, it was that the deck had collapsed.  I am a very good spouse because not once did I mention that the old sofa - the one into which that fire-starting dog had dug a hole the size of a bowling ball - was way too heavy to be set on this part of the deck.  Not once during the day did I mention how many years I've reminded someone that we really needed to add supports to that portion of the deck.  Because I am a very tolerant person.  And I won't complain to anyone as long as the deck is fixed by the end of the weekend.

Busy summer

So much for keeping up with this blog! Seems like there is always something to do and for that, I am very grateful! We finally have rain - i...