Tuesday, June 22, 2010

And it keeps getting better!


What could be more exciting to the One Old Goat farmer than tomatoes!!!!


Yes, we have tomatoes - I have visions of fried green tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, fresh tomato/basil sammies. I noticed the little green gems last night - 4 little green tomatoes on oneo of my plants. How happy it makes me that news like that is high excitement for the One Old Goat farm! My kids dropped everything and came running when I hollered that our first tomatoes had arrived. They still are very interested whenever something new shows up in the garden - still thrilled by the miracles of nature!

So we lit a campfire of celebration and roasted marshmallows for s'mores in celebration of last night's shortest night of the year!





And all the animals were not as impressed. Not in the least.





Dolly simply turned her back and walked away.







Snowball set off in search of his own celebratory food.





But I stand corrected. Lunchbox was extremely interested in our little celebration. And we sat and roasted marshmallows and ate s'mores and enjoyed the view of our world!

No comments:

A motley crew.

  It is so true. When you have a dog, there is always someone happy to see you.  My cats are happy to see me as well - especially if I'm...