Saturday, March 9, 2013

Impatience.


Apparently chickens are not the most patient creatures.  Yesterday morning, I slept in 15 minutes! This past week the chickens were used to me being up and awake before they were.  They got used to having their breakfast waiting for them when they woke up. Or jumped down from the goat fence. Or whatever.

Not only were they waiting for me on the deck, one of my roosters was standing outside the sliding glass doors crowing which set off a chain-dog-reaction and within seconds, the house was thrown into utter dog-barking chaos.  I was up, had my boots on and was out the door running for the feedbucket before I was even awake!

You can bet I was up before the chickens this morning.  Fed them.  Went back to bed.

2 comments:

Bev said...

I'm a backyard bird feeder and my birds have gotten the same way! They come to the window and stare in. Your chickens are so cute! Thanks for sharing! I love reading about your animals.

Cheery wave from
Bev

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

I had no idea chickens were so punctual! I would love to have some once we are in our "forever retirement place" ie. out of town. I am always up early. I could use some company LOL. Thanks for the cute pics!

A motley crew.

  It is so true. When you have a dog, there is always someone happy to see you.  My cats are happy to see me as well - especially if I'm...