Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Best of 2009

Sometimes I feel that I spend too much time complaining: about not running, about the weather, family members, job, too little time on my hands, the work of a little farm, and so on. But as I look back on the year, I realize how very much I have to be thankful for. A glance to the right of my blogpage shows a handful of blogs that I visit everyday and which never fail to life my spirits and give me motivation.



My little dog Tipper (and the dog parade check it out here KatillacShack )

My grandson who is a constant source of joy and exercise!

Our nearly annual camping excursion to an island off the Maine coast. Real rustic living and the kids and I never want to come home!

Our surprise baby goat Cookie Dough. I remember us all running out to the goat pen that morning before school but most of all, I remember my 9 year old son looking at me with tears in his eyes telling me that he was so happy he couldn't help but cry. And then there was my trip to San Antonio. The dramatic plane ride from which I was sure I would never return! It is a beautiful, beautiful city!
And now, my new-to-me truck is fixed, and my family and I are going to visit family up North and ring in the new year!
Happy New Year to all of you my good friends! Thanks for taking the time to blog and to share your lives with us all!








1 comment:

A Wild Celtic Rose said...

I love the picture of you and Phoenix!!!

A motley crew.

  It is so true. When you have a dog, there is always someone happy to see you.  My cats are happy to see me as well - especially if I'm...