Saturday, January 5, 2013

Not quite done.

So I've joined an online quilting group that will be my motivation to get a few things done.  Basically it is a group of quilters who post online their projects, progress, and finishes for each month.  This could be very good for me.  This is my January project.  This quilt has been an absolute delight! It always makes me happy when I work on it.  I joined a sew-in last night, and got all of the quilting done. Now I need to make a trip to Verna's and pick up some more blue fabric to add to the backing. Once I get that done, I only have the quilting to do on the edge and the binding to do. Then I can finish up the smaller version of this that I made for a baby who is now entering college (not really)!  I'm trying to think of something unusual to quilt on the edge......I handquilt so I need to take that into consideration.

So off I go, feed the animals, go to the fabric store, stop and do a little bit of hiking and then hopefully this quilt will be back in the frame and I'll finish up the border tonight!

5 comments:

FleurBleue said...

Bonjour from France.

I've just popped over from Cherylls' to admire your work and wish you a Bonnee Année.


Fiona x

Cheryll said...

Did you sew in Friday night with Friends this month? I do hope I had your company! :)

Valspierssews said...

I love your quilt. I am amazed by people who hand quilt. The goats in your header look very cute. I like to join in a group sew in or sew along. It does help keep up the motivation.

Anonymous said...

I can understand why you feel happy when you work on this. I've been feeling such an urge to hand quilt lately. What a great lovely finish!

Vicki Boster said...

Hi dear - your blog is loaded in for my Grow Your Blog party - you will need to prepare a special post for the event. I will be by to meet you as soon as I can after the party starts!

Vicki
ps - the blog header photo of your little goats is precious!

A motley crew.

  It is so true. When you have a dog, there is always someone happy to see you.  My cats are happy to see me as well - especially if I'm...