Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Shifting winds.




This fall will be so different.  This will be the first year in a long time that the house will be quiet.  I've had kids in my home for 33 years.  My youngest son  will still be at home.  But he has a million projects that keeps him outside much of the time.  He doesn't need me for rides to and from practices or to the movies or to a friend's house.  He won't be wanting to go to Friday night football games with me although he did say he would go if I wanted him to go.

I'm excited to see what this new season brings.  Not only for me but for my daughters and my sons because it seems that they all are experiencing changes in their lives.  I know there will be times of melancholy for us all as we think about the highlights of the past but there will be good times ahead.

No comments:

A motley crew.

  It is so true. When you have a dog, there is always someone happy to see you.  My cats are happy to see me as well - especially if I'm...