Monday, May 4, 2009

A Little Bit of Magic


This looks as if my grandbaby is sprinkling pixie dust! And I'm sure that I was telling him not to throw rocks! Rocks to me, fairy dust to him. I guess I don't know everything! This is just a reminder to myself to lighten up and enjoy the magic and believe me, there was a lot of magic going on this weekend. I just was too caught up in the real world to appreciate it. Too much worrying about getting there in time, not throwing stones (pebbles, really), falling over a log, getting enough sleep, eating right.......to much worry and not enough just letting life happen and enjoying it. I'm not saying that some structure isn't important--it is! I couldn't survive without having some of my life well-structured. Well-structured enough that sponteneity works well in the rest of my life.
I gave up wearing a watch about a year ago. I hated that my life had become a series of 15 minute segments. Some people may look at that as terribly irresponsible. and I DO have a watch. I take it with me when I go on a lunchtime run so that I'm not late back to work. Ironically not wearing a watch hasn't affected my punctuality: I've always been late to nearly everything but now, I'm not quite as late and sometimes am actually on time! Go figure! Magical!

No comments:

A motley crew.

  It is so true. When you have a dog, there is always someone happy to see you.  My cats are happy to see me as well - especially if I'm...