Monday, January 18, 2010

What a difference a day (or a week) makes!

From 0 to 52 in a week! From ice to mud...... This time last week, it was so cold that I didn't even want to step outside to get wood off the porch. This time last week, it was so bitterly cold that I had to bring the wash in to thaw. This time last week, the kids were fighting with each other because they were so tired of being in the house and there was just nothing to do. But this weekend, it was Spring!!!
And the kids played baseball, we enjoyed sweet-smelling clothing hung out--and dried--on the line! The chickens played in what was left of the forsythia bushes and they rattled about in the leaves. Snowball almost smiled because he didn't have to contend with ice in his water before I could get out there and replace it.
Dolly was just plain happy!
And life was good on One Old Goat farm.
This glimpse of spring was just what this old soul needed!








No comments:

A motley crew.

  It is so true. When you have a dog, there is always someone happy to see you.  My cats are happy to see me as well - especially if I'm...