Sunday, January 24, 2010

Winter. Interrupted.




Since June 2006, my daughters, son and I have been rabid geocachers. What is geocaching? It is hiking with a purpose.
It is just perfect for people who love to hike but have run out of local hiking spots. Or have run out of ideas. www.geocaching.com is the place to go for all the information you could possibly want about geocaching.
So for this beautiful spring, I mean, winter day, my daughters, grandson and I went geocaching. To geocache, you need to have a GPS. Last summer, I lost mine. Which was devastating when we went to Maine, I thought. But to the kids, was a blessing.
There are different categories of geocaching: mystery, envelope, earthcaches........ From our trip to Maine to our visit last year to Virginia, geocaching has allowed us to explore some non-traditional spots and to learn a little abit about the local environment.

No comments:

A motley crew.

  It is so true. When you have a dog, there is always someone happy to see you.  My cats are happy to see me as well - especially if I'm...