Friday, February 12, 2010

I'm sick. I'm tired. I don't know what to title this post.

I think I've mentioned this before - I have a very hard time with titles. Coming up with a title is very intimidating and I really lack the ability to summarize the content of a post into a single sentence.


The last several posts have been about the weather: the snow, the wind, the temperatures. This post will be about being under the weather. Which I am.


I haven't been feeling well. This is my third week in my new job and I think the change in work environment and the change in the weather and the increase in running mileage has formed a trifecta of events contributing to a slight breakdown of my immune system. That plus the fact that several co-workers have either had a bug themselves or one of their family members have had it.


I have always wanted to use the word trifecta in everyday conversation. I now feel complete.


Back to not feeling well. At least it is crappy out. I don't feel bad taking a sick day because a. I don't feel well; b. I don't want to continue the viral cycle; c. I can't run on trails at work anyway. So I'm glad that at least I can be at home and not beat myself up because of not running. My body is getting a well deserved rest.

No comments:

A motley crew.

  It is so true. When you have a dog, there is always someone happy to see you.  My cats are happy to see me as well - especially if I'm...