Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sons and groundhogs

I'm hoping that I can paste this tune here: Ryan's song

This is me playing my piano. I'm not an expert pianist by any means but this is a song that reminds me of my oldest son who is graduating from college this semester. It is 100 years by Five for Fighting and is all about how quick the progression from birth to death flies by. For about a week before my oldest son was to graduate from high school, I was incredibly depressed. For selfish reasons. He is such a good son. I have enjoyed 'hanging out' with him over the years, watching Disney movies every Friday and Saturday night. We have a really good relationship and always have.

I can feel the melancholia coming on but thankfully the feelings are bittersweet. I'm so proud of the man he has become.

I really wish that I had taken some pictures of a rodent in honor of Punxatawney Phil who, I found out today, is actually Punxatawney Phyllis. I could have snapped some pictures of the opossum that broke into my basement last week. Now that I have seen one up close, I understand why my brothers called them grinnies.

So in lieu of groundhog or opossum photos, here (up there) is picture of our newest family member, Tucker.
And we also had a bit of sunshine yesterday. For which the cats were very thankful!

So Happy Groundhog Day! Phil (or Phyllis), I hope you're wrong!

No comments:

A motley crew.

  It is so true. When you have a dog, there is always someone happy to see you.  My cats are happy to see me as well - especially if I'm...