Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It is catching.

It is snowing again. I'm just saying it. Putting it out there. Not going to write about it.
I've been wondering about this for a while. I've even done some amateur experimentation on the subject. That is about smiles.








I've noticed that there seems to be a lack of smiles among my age group. A shockingly noticeable lack of smiles.








On a day during which I had some spare time to think about things other than students, I started wondering why there seemed to be such a trend against smiles.

I walked across campus and smiled like an imbecile at everyone and made note of those who smiled and those who didn't. Most of the times, the students smiled back. Often it was a leery smile - but a smile nonetheless. People who appeared to be around my age not only didn't smile but didn't even make eye contact. Most of the time.

I wonder why on a beautiful campus, on a beautiful day (it wasn't snowing), so many people walked around with their eyes to the ground with not a smile on their face. Maybe if they made a pact to smile at those around them, their mood would change - or maybe just reflect what they are feeling inside - and what a positive thing that would be!








Who can resist a smile?

1 comment:

ElderberryWine4u said...

Who can resist a smile? So true! Like it says in Proverbs -- "A cheerful heart doeth good, like a medicine."

Busy summer

So much for keeping up with this blog! Seems like there is always something to do and for that, I am very grateful! We finally have rain - i...